Rebeca Saray Gude's recent series 'Party Monster' is a stunning exploration of color contrast and sharp couture.
The series showcases an eclectic array of styles from party scenes over the ages. It covers burlesque showgirl-type looks and flapper-like dresses, but perhaps most striking are the club kid styles that Gude uses to showcase the series.
From lime green coifs to red, plastic dresses, the looks walk a fine line between haute couture and excess. Whatever the particular piece, they are all eye-catching. Gude does a particularly good job at contrasting colors to create unabashedly loud, brash looks. Although that is probably the point of the entire series. Often wild, Great Gatsby-like parties are brimming with just as much debauchery and gaudiness as they are with class and luxury.
The 'Party Monster' Series is Sharply Hued and Striking
1. Color Contrast Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in creating bold and unconventional fashion pieces that focus on contrasting colors.
2. Club Kid Style - There is potential for disruptive innovation in designing avant-garde and attention-grabbing fashion inspired by club kid culture.
3. Eclectic Party Fashion - The trend of combining various party scene aesthetics in fashion presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating unique and boundary-pushing looks.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore disruptive innovation in color contrast fashion, club kid style, and eclectic party fashion.
2. Event Planning - The event planning industry can capitalize on the trend of eclectic party fashion to create visually stunning and immersive event experiences.
3. Photography - The photography industry can benefit from the trend of color contrast fashion and club kid style by capturing and showcasing the vibrant and bold aesthetics.