The portfolio of photographer Parker Fitzgerald epitomizes a Neverland-style forest fantasy. Exploring secretive wood landscapes fit for Tinkerbell and the Lost Boys, Fitzgerald's dreamlike portrait shots are an intimately inviting journey that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality while evoking raw emotion in its purest and simplest form. While summer days may be dwindling, these shots are a reminder of the beauty in every minute outside. The dim rays of light that shine through the trees create an air of hope around these photos that stretches beyond the narrow realm of the forrest and into outside worlds.
The Oregon native is a freelance photographer, but his artistic talents do not stop at this. A graphic designer and an illustrator, his quirky interests are as diverse as his art; claiming he enjoys Japan, Lord of the Rings, Polaroid, Legend of Zelda and Chuck Norris.
Implications - Art that stretches the boundaries of reality and the imagination serves as an escape for consumers from the confines and routine of their daily lives. Offering an alternate perception of the outside world, art often appeals to the rawest and deepest form of emotion in viewer's eyes.
Parker Fitzgerald Captures Intimately Desolate Moments in Nature
1. Fantasy Photography - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating new technologies to enhance and augment the fantastical imagery of fantasy photography.
2. Nature Portraiture - Using innovative photography techniques and sustainable materials, there is an opportunity to disrupt the traditional nature portraiture industry.
3. Emotive Art - Opportunities exist for disruptive innovation that merges emotive art and technology, potentially through virtual or augmented reality experiences.
1. Fine Art Photography - The fine art photography industry can leverage advancements in technology to appeal to consumers looking for more immersive and interactive experiences.
2. Graphic Design - There is an opportunity for graphic designers to use fantasy and emotion-based art in branding and advertising campaigns to create more meaningful connections with consumers.
3. Printing and Publishing - The printing and publishing industry can disrupt traditional nature photography books and prints by incorporating innovative technologies and sustainable materials.