There is outdoor children photography and then there is Adrian Murray's outdoor children photography. As though capturing the magic of childhood rather than the magic in the moment, he manages to create whimsical scenarios in which his sons play in gorgeous forested settings with animals, toys and each other. Whether interacting with majestic deer or sitting quietly with a teddy bear, the images will bring to mind the 'Calvin and Hobbes' comic series, for those familiar with it.
Shot in and around Louisville, Kentucky, the outdoor children photography is a refreshing change from similar kid captures. Murray says, "I took pictures in the past, but never with a purpose. It wasn’t until I had something I wanted to document forever that I was motivated to continually shoot." It is beautiful that his sons inspire him in this way.
Adrian Murray Captures His Sons in Whimsical Scenarios
1. Whimsical Childhood Photography - There is an opportunity to create more immersive and creative photography that captures the magic of childhood.
2. Nature-inspired Imagery - Incorporating nature and wildlife into photography sessions can create stunning and unique imagery.
3. Personalized Photography - Creating personalized photography sessions that reflect the personality and interests of the subjects can create more meaningful and memorable experiences.
1. Photography Industry - There is potential to disrupt the traditional family photography market by creating more unique and personalized sessions.
2. Outdoor Industry - There is an opportunity to market outdoor spaces as ideal backdrops for photography sessions, encouraging people to explore and engage with nature.
3. Toy Industry - Toy companies can collaborate with photographers to create more imaginative and creative play experiences that can also be captured in photographs.