Balenciaga for Spring Summer 2009: was it future wear or folds of fabric that marked the designer's showcase pieces? This return to basics, using the fabrics, the colors and the cuts to make a statement, shows a simple approach to luxurious fashion.
The collection also a recurring theme of what looked like rabbit-shaped designs on the fronts of shirts and dresses, which appeared to offer shape and structure.
If the U.S. is in an economic crisis, is this the look to reflect a deficit of frivolity and fantasy? This is a return to the basics: basic fabrics, basic cuts, basic footwear, but still luxury.
Balenciaga S/S 2009
1. Return to Basics - A trend towards using basic fabrics, cuts and colors to make statements, returning to the essentials of luxury fashion.
2. Animal Inspired Designs - Design motifs inspired by animals, such as the rabbit-shaped designs seen in the Balenciaga S/S 2009 collection.
3. Shape and Structure - Fashion that incorporates design elements that offer shape and structure, such as the rabbit-shaped designs seen in the Balenciaga S/S 2009 collection.
1. Luxury Fashion - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in using basic fabrics and cuts to create luxury fashion, as seen in the Balenciaga S/S 2009 collection.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Potential for innovative textiles and design motifs that offer shape and structure, inspired by animals or other natural elements.
3. Retail and E-commerce - Opportunities for retailers and e-commerce platforms to feature and sell fashion that incorporates animal-inspired designs and offers shape and structure.