Ping A Good Doctor, a Shanghai-based company that's created one-minute clinic booths around the densely populated city, has now expanded to eight cities across the country with the addition of 1,000 units.
The tiny clinics have proven popular in China as they make often arduous visits to the doctor more accessible and efficient, with users able to simply pop into one and utilize the smart medical examination devices. The company offers online consultations and is currently able to answer questions regarding more than 2,000 common diseases.
The one-minute clinics can also offer prescription drugs for users based off their needs and results, with over 100 categories of medicine available through the booths directly. If a patient requires a prescription that the booth doesn't carry, they can also use the company's associated app to have it delivered.
Image Credit: Caixin/IC
Shanghai's 'Ping a Good Doctor' Has Serviced More Than 3 Million People
1. Smart Clinic Booths - The emergence of smart clinic booths is disrupting the traditional healthcare system by providing accessible and efficient medical services.
2. Online Medical Consultations - The rise of online medical consultations is revolutionizing the way people seek healthcare advice, eliminating the need for physical doctor visits.
3. On-demand Prescription Delivery - On-demand prescription delivery services are transforming the way patients access medication, enhancing convenience and speed of delivery.
1. Healthcare Technology - The healthcare technology industry has vast opportunities for innovation in developing and expanding smart clinic booth systems.
2. Digital Health - Digital health platforms have the potential to disrupt the traditional healthcare model by providing online medical consultations and improving accessibility.
3. Pharmaceutical Delivery - The pharmaceutical delivery industry can seize the opportunity to partner with smart clinic booths to offer on-demand prescription delivery services.