Futura recently unveiled its Abstract Compass installation in Hong Kong and its next project spotlights the special 'NULL Project.' It is made in collaboration with Samuel Ross' Concrete Objects project and it dials into the American artist's graffiti styles. The figure is modeled after the NULL character by Ross and it is decorated in a series of paint splatters that are done by Futura.
The sculpture comes in three colors, including black, cream, or a glowing iteration. The body of the figurine is shaped like a disproportionate hexagon and it features four limbs protruding from the body. It also has multiple layers to its monolithic structure and it is constructed from materials such as lacquer, pigment, steel, Epoxy resin, Jesmonite, and acrylic spray paint.
Futura and Samuel Ross Drops a Concrete Objects NULL Figure
1. Abstract Figurines - Exploring abstract representations in figurines opens up opportunities for unique and unconventional designs.
2. Graffiti-inspired Art - Integrating graffiti styles into art forms like figurines provides a fresh and urban aesthetic to traditional mediums.
3. Collaborative Sculpture Projects - Collaborating between artists and designers in sculpture projects leads to innovative and dynamic creations.
1. Art and Sculpture - The art and sculpture industry can embrace abstract figurines and graffiti-inspired art to attract a younger and urban-oriented audience.
2. Design and Fashion - Designers and fashion brands can incorporate graffiti styles and abstract figurines in their collections to create edgy and unconventional designs.
3. Collaborative Arts Projects - The field of collaborative arts projects can utilize sculpture collaborations to push boundaries and explore new creative horizons.