For many photographers, the holy trinity of photo shoots happens to revolve around themselves, their models and the beach; this cliche threesome is shaken up thanks to the Nowhere Now Here photo series. Instead of bright sunlight, vibrant colors, skimpy bikinis and overtly sexual subjects, this shoot takes a darker, almost Gothic turn by the seaside.
Photographed by Julia Kiecksee, the Nowhere Now Here photo series features a glamorous, yet moody Franziska Rathmann. The photoshoot is located at Elbstrand beach in Hamburg. A spread perfect for the fall 2011 season, it not only centers around a stark nature setting, it also focuses on wool fashions that are best suited for the colder months.
A great shoot, the Nowhere Now Here photo series takes something expected and gives it a new spin.
Julia Kiecksee's Nowhere Now Here Series Gives the Beach a Moody Vibe
1. Moody Beach Photography - The Nowhere Now Here series challenges the cliché of bright and sunny beach photography by capturing a darker, more Gothic aesthetic by the seaside.
2. Nature-inspired Fashion - The shoot highlights wool fashions in a stark nature setting, presenting a unique style for the colder months.
3. Alternative Beauty Standards - The Nowhere Now Here series showcases a glamorous yet moody model, suggesting a departure from mainstream notions of overtly sexual subjects.
1. Photography - Photographers can explore new styles and aesthetics by incorporating a darker, Gothic vibe into their beach shoots.
2. Fashion - Fashion designers can draw inspiration from the wool fashions featured in the Nowhere Now Here series to create unique and nature-inspired collections for colder seasons.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics - Beauty brands can embrace alternative beauty standards highlighted in the Nowhere Now Here series, promoting diverse and unconventional models in their campaigns.