These are some brilliant designed trainers which form part of the Nike Air Force 1 1WORLD collection. A project where a total of 18 original designs will be produced in conjunction with "global innovators" in the fields of sport, music, art & design and alike.
This August (2008) we will see the Air Force 1 Air Question - a trainer designed by Philadelphia's drummer, DJ and producer, Ahmir Thompson.
"These Air Questo's right here are an extension of my personality," Ahmir says. "Kind of all-over-the-place.
"I just wanted to start off with a very loud statement, a sneaker that sort of has 12 exclamation points behind it. Something that just screams 'Rahhhhrr' so you know, this is an extension of my personality. The inside (of the shoe) is of me drumming. Yeah, inside art is very important to me. Even though you're the only person that sees it from a consumer standpoint but, I sorta know you put a lot of work into it as a designer based on how your shoe is designed on the sole."
Being a British girl, I have never heard of Ahmir, but I know that I love the designs. It would really rock to wear a pair.
Nike Air Force 1 Project Thompson Trainers
1. Brilliant Designed Trainers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with global innovators in various fields to create uniquely designed trainers that reflect personal expression and personality.
2. Air Force 1 1WORLD Collection - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding partnerships with global innovators in sport, music, art, and design to create a diverse collection of Air Force 1 trainers that cater to different tastes and preferences.
3. Personalized Inside Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilizing personalized artwork and designs on the inside of shoes as a way to enhance the consumer's overall experience and provide a unique selling point.
1. Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists, musicians, and designers to create limited edition footwear collections that merge fashion, art, and personal expression.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring new collaborations and partnerships with global innovators in various creative fields to produce fashion items that push boundaries and express individuality.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating unique artistic elements into everyday products, such as shoes, to create visually appealing and personalized experiences for consumers.