Three years after Nature Valley announced that it would be donating $3 million to the National Park Foundation in the US to help restore trails, the company recently shared that the project is now complete. Once receiving the donation, the National Park Foundation distributed the money to 19 national parks that would benefit from restoration efforts.
Over the last few years, the donation has helped major projects along, which include "improving trail and transit infrastructure, building new trails, protecting fragile ecosystems, preserving historical sites, and more." To celebrate the restored trails, Nature Valley launched an advertising campaign that spotlights actor Daveed Diggs. Diggs covers the classic song by The Proclaimers, 'I'm Gonna Be,' highlighting the company's efforts to restore 10,000 miles of trail.
In the future, Nature Valley plans to donate another $3 million to the National Park Foundation to further improve conditions for outdoor enthusiasts.
Image Credit: Nature Valley
Nature Valley's Donation Improved Hiking Trails in the US
1. National Park Restoration - Businesses can donate to fund large-scale conservation projects, creating opportunities for partnerships between corporations and environmental organizations.
2. Trail Infrastructure Improvement - There is a growing need for businesses to invest in the upkeep and restoration of national parks and outdoor recreational areas, opening up opportunities for companies that specialize in trail building and restoration services.
3. Eco-tourism - As the demand for outdoor recreation experiences continues to grow, there are opportunities for the travel and hospitality industry to develop and promote eco-friendly tourism packages that showcase the beauty of national parks and other protected areas.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in this industry can contribute to restoring national parks and other outdoor recreational areas by donating a portion of their profits to environmental organizations.
2. Construction and Engineering - With the growing need for trail restoration and improvements, firms specializing in construction and engineering can work on large-scale conservation projects in partnership with environmental organizations.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Companies in this industry can develop and promote eco-friendly tourism packages that showcase the natural beauty of national parks and other protected areas while also contributing to their restoration and preservation.