Kind of like the $100 Laptop on Trend Hunter a few months ago. The Motorola PVOT is a concept phone designed by Andre Minoli. When you turn the crank a few times, you get enough energy to have a phone call. It's intended for 3rd world countries, although the sleek design makes me crave it!
Implications - Social business is a growing industry that has the potential to solve many world issues while ensuring companies stay afloat. Products such as this hand-cranked Motorola are still selling a valuable, money-making product, while improving communications in developing countries. Corporations would do best to consider how their commodities help to sustain their business while simultaneously aiding those in need.
Charged Via Hand Crank (For Developing Countries)
1. Hand-cranked Technology - Incorporating hand-cranked technology into products can provide a sustainable power source in developing countries.
2. Social Business - The concept of social business presents opportunities for companies to address social issues while maintaining profitability.
3. Communication Solutions for Developing Countries - Developing communication solutions specifically tailored for the needs of people in developing countries can lead to impactful innovation.
1. Technology - Integrating hand-cranked power into technology products can create disruptive innovations in the technology industry.
2. Social Impact - The social impact industry can benefit from the development of products that address social issues and generate income simultaneously.
3. Telecommunications - Creating communication solutions for developing countries can revolutionize the telecommunications industry and bridge the digital divide.