Mortlach by Design, the acclaimed whisky brand, partnered with Joe Doucet and Sabine Marcelis to create bespoke products that harness the beauty and heritage of single malt scotch whisky. The collection is currently on view in New York City at SIZED, a popup gallery by Alexander May.
Sabina Marcelis created a bespoke glass bar cart, dubbed the SHIFT. The cart's design was inspired by the opacity and colorway of Martlach whisky. Made with a layered exterior piece, the glass reflects the duality of transparency and opacity that is also present in the whisky. Moreover, the glass imitates the deep golden hue of the beverage.
Joe Doucet's contribution to the range includes the Tropos chair. The chair was intended to create an immersive space where users can fully engage with the whisky's complexity.
Image Credit: Mortlach by Design
Mortlach by Design Collaborated with SIZED on a New Collection
1. Bespoke Glassware - Collaboration between whisky brand Mortlach and designers Joe Doucet and Sabine Marcelis to create customized glass products presents opportunities for brands to collaborate with artists and designers to create unique products that reflect the brand's heritage.
2. Glass Design - Designers creating one-of-a-kind glassware like Sabine Marcelis's bespoke glass bar cart, the SHIFT, can inspire innovation in the glass industry and motivate brands to incorporate more unique designs into their products.
3. Immersive Experiences - Joe Doucet's Tropos chair, which was built to enhance the immersive experience of whisky tasting, presents opportunities for brands to create products and experiences that enhance the sensory perception of their products.
1. Whisky Industry - Whisky brands can collaborate with designers to create customized products that reflect the brand's heritage and enhance the customer's experience.
2. Design Industry - Designers and artists can collaborate with brands in the whisky industry to create bespoke and unique glassware and other products that embody the brand's history and values.
3. Hospitality Industry - The Tropos chair is an example of how the hospitality industry can incorporate immersive experiences into their venues to enhance the customer's experience and create a unique selling point for the venue.