Americans are trying their hardest to take the financial difficulties of day to day life into consideration when considering modern spending habits, but even opting for less expensive food comes at a price, as is shown in the Skinny on Dining Out infographic.
Everyone loves going out to eat, skipping the hassle of making dinner and cleaning up the aftermath; however a few things need to be taken into consideration. Going out for dinner too often may cost more than making your own meal would; furthermore, the question of health comes into play. More and more, Americans are cutting back on catching that 2 for $20 special, not only to cut back on cost, but to lead a healthier lifestyle.
The Skinny on Dining Out Shows the Cost of Eating
1. Financially Savvy Dining - Americans are prioritizing cost-effective dining and are seeking ways to save money while still enjoying meals outside the home.
2. Health-conscious Eating Out - Consumers are increasingly opting for healthier choices when dining out and seeking tools to help them make informed decisions.
3. Nutritional Tracking & Graphing - Tracking and graphing of nutritional information is becoming more commonplace in the food industry, empowering consumers with more information about the food they consume.
1. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants have an opportunity to offer cost-effective, health-conscious options on their menus and provide customers with nutritional information for informed decision-making.
2. Food Tracking Apps - Food tracking apps could integrate with restaurants to provide nutritional information, enabling consumers to make informed and healthier choices when dining out.
3. Fitness & Wellness Industry - The fitness and wellness industry can capitalize on the growing trend of health-conscious dining by offering advice and services to those looking to lead healthier lifestyles.