Competing with the likes of large corporations and sportswear retailers isn’t easy, which is why MoMa Advertising in Sao Paulo went great lengths in the promotion of the Mizuno Waveknit -- a revolutionary running shoe made entirely of thread.
In order to pay homage to the shoe, which appears as though it has been sewn by hand, MoMa Advertising created an all-thread ad that’s styled after “the maps and running tracks of the 3 most important cities that host the major running circuits in Brazil.” The all-thread ad was made entirely by hand, with each different scene being tied together by a string. In order to achieve complete authenticity, the design team had to test a variety of different textures and string sizes, eventually settling on the perfect combination.
Image Credit: MoMa Advertising
The Mizuno Waveknit Was Advertised with an All-Thread Ad Campaign
1. Thread-based Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring novel ways to create ads using unconventional materials like thread.
2. Handcrafted Promotion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Tapping into the trend of handcrafted advertising to create unique and memorable campaigns.
3. Authentic Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating authentic and artisanal elements into product design and advertising to resonate with consumers.
1. Sportswear Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating unique materials and handcrafted elements into sportswear promotions for a distinctive brand identity.
2. Ad Agencies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experimenting with innovative advertising techniques, such as thread-based ads, to create engaging and visually appealing campaigns.
3. Shoe Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating unconventional materials like thread in the production process to create innovative and distinctive shoe designs.