Sebastian Errazuriz' 'Narcissus' mirror top desk is a modified version of a French furniture piece from the 1880s that's better suited to staring longingly at yourself.
In addition to adding a mirrored surface to the top of the desk, Errazuriz cut a semi-circle out of the desk, making an indentation so that narcissists can get up close and personal to the looking glass surface. For the creation of this piece, Errazuriz took inspiration from our narcissistic, selfie-taking, image-obsessed culture. He describes: "I believe today we are becoming like Narcissus; so obsessed with our own perfectly edited online self that we forget to be aware of the real 'me' outside the screen." When sitting at the desk, a person appears like a character on a playing card, totally surrounded by themselves.
Narcissus is a Mirror Top Desk That's Ideal for Gazing at Yourself
1. Self-reflective Furniture - The Narcissus desk reflects a trend of furniture designed to encourage self-reflection and introspection.
2. Mirror Surface Enhancements - The use of mirrored surfaces in furniture is a growing trend, allowing individuals to easily view themselves from multiple angles.
3. Narcissism-inspired Design - Designs inspired by narcissistic tendencies and the selfie culture are gaining popularity in furniture and decor.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - The Narcissus desk demonstrates an opportunity for furniture manufacturers to create unique and captivating pieces that cater to consumers' desire for self-reflection.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating self-reflective furniture into interior design offers professionals the chance to create visually stunning spaces that promote introspection and mindfulness.
3. Home Decor Retail - Retailers specializing in home decor can tap into the narcissism-inspired design trend by offering a selection of aesthetically appealing and reflective furnishings.