This innovation in urban farming exists in the form of a smart mini greenhouse designed to fit on a city dweller's balcony. Based in Colorado, the Solar Greens Company created My Terrace Farmer -- a solar powered portable greenhouse you can control remotely with your smartphone.
Consisting of compact, modular units that easily accommodate city life, My Terrace Farmer is made out of air craft-grade aluminum and is insulated with SolaWrap. The system can be put together in a few hours by a couple of people. The portable nature of the mini greenhouse also makes it perfect for short-term renters who can take the unit with them when they move apartments. The hydroponic unit waters and fertilizes itself in addition to collecting rainwater and creating compost, It also has an emergency back-up battery that can power the LED grow lights.
The Smart Mini Greenhouse Units are an Urban Farming Solution
1. Smart Mini Greenhouse - The trend towards smaller, technologically advanced urban farming solutions presents opportunities for companies to innovate with modularity, portability, and self-sustainable features.
2. Sustainable Urban Agriculture - The increasing demand for locally sourced produce and the need for sustainable farming practices create opportunities for disruptive innovation with solar-powered, hydroponic systems and composting features.
3. Remote Controlled Agriculture - Advances in technology enable remote control of agriculture systems, presenting opportunities for companies to innovate with automation and smart technology features that allow users to monitor and control systems remotely.
1. Agriculture - Companies in agriculture can leverage the trend towards urban farming by developing innovative crop production systems that are sustainable, efficient, and tailored to urban environments.
2. Renewable Energy - The trend towards solar-powered farming creates opportunities for renewable energy companies to develop and market solar-powered solutions for urban agriculture and crop production.
3. Smart Home Technology - Developers of smart home technology can capitalize on the trend towards remote-controlled agriculture by integrating smart features in agricultural systems that allow for remote monitoring and control through mobile devices.