This infographic features data drawn from a survey by Millward Brown Digital, which surveyed more than 1,000 customers in a bid to figure out the tech and device preferences of different age groups and generations -- namely, millennials (born after 1980), Generation X (born between 1965 and 1980) and boomers (born between 1946 and 1964).
Unsurprisingly, there is a significant difference between generations on an array of variables. When it comes to specific device preferences, boomers appear to favor Android smartphones and iPads, while millennials tend to gravitate towards iPhone smartphones and Android tablets. On the subject of entertainment consumption, millennials clearly have a lot more interest in YouTube and other video streaming services compared to boomers.
Ultimately, Millward Brown Digital's infographic shows that it's problematic to make assumptions about the use of digital devices by different demographics.
Millward Brown Digital's Infographic Showcases Generational Preference
1. Generational Device Preferences - Analyzing generational device preferences can reveal opportunities to create targeted products and marketing strategies.
2. Growing Popularity of Video Streaming - The growing preference for video streaming among millennials highlights the need for industries to invest in this area, offering new opportunities for technological disruption.
3. Data-driven Market Research - Data-driven research, like that conducted by Millward Brown Digital, can provide valuable insights into consumer behavior across generations to inform business strategies and product development.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies could use this data to create devices that cater to the specific needs and preferences of different age groups.
2. Entertainment and Media - The rise of video streaming services among millennials presents opportunities for innovation in the entertainment and media industries, such as developing new content and ways of delivering it.
3. Market Research and Analytics - The use of data analytics in market research can create valuable insights for businesses across various industries to improve their understanding of customer behavior and preferences.