Ariel had to trade her voice for a pair of legs to join the human world, the mermaids in the Milk & Sea photo series seem to have gotten a better deal. Granted, they still have an intact tail, which makes getting around a little more difficult. Not to mention the fear of drying out in the waterless environment. But it is interesting to imagine the interaction these mythical creatures would have in the real world.
Shot by Hana Vojackova, a photographer born in Prague, Czech Republic, and based in London, England, the Milk & Sea photo series is captured around Europe from Iceland to Germany and back. Through the Milk & Sea series, Vajackova asks, "What could mermaids' stories be if the mermaids were living now in contemporary conditions? Where would they live? What would they do? Who would they actually be .....?"
Milk & Sea by Hana Vojackova Captures Fishy Mythical Creatures
1. Mermaid-inspired Fashion - Fashion designers can create products with mermaid tail designs and motifs leveraging the trend of mermaids living in contemporary conditions
2. Underwater Photography - Professional photographers can explore underwater photography by capturing mythical creatures and leverage social media to gain a following
3. Virtual Reality Aquariums - Theme parks can create virtual reality aquariums to make it possible for people to interact and experience mythical creatures in an immersive way
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can leverage the trend to create mermaid-inspired fashion products such as clothing, jewelry, shoes, and accessories
2. Photography - Professional photographers specializing in underwater photography can provide their services to capture mythical creatures in an exciting and creative way
3. Theme Parks - Theme parks can use advancements in technology to create virtual reality aquariums that allow visitors to experience mythical creatures in an immersive and interactive way