COMME des GARÇONS works in collaboration with Mikimoto, a fine jeweler from Japan to create a collection of unique pearl necklaces. The collaborative capsule features a set of unisex necklaces that highlight the motifs that nod to COMME des GARÇONS as a brand.
The Japanese label's designer Rei Kawakubo explains that “the image of pearls overlap in places with the image of COMME des GARÇONS.” The jewelry is made from Akoya Mikimoto or White South Sea pearls that are detailed with logos of the brand on the name-plate or chain tag. Additional details include the sterling silver hardware that subtly accents the pearls. It is cut in the shape of additional interlinking chains so that the links and pearls seamlessly attach together.
Image Credit: COMME des GARÇONS
Mikimoto Joins COMME des GARÇONS on a Set of Fine Necklaces
1. Collaborative Jewelry Collections - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships between fine jewelers and fashion brands to create unique and high-end jewelry collections.
2. Unisex Jewelry Designs - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop gender-neutral jewelry designs that cater to a broader audience and challenge traditional gender norms in the jewelry industry.
3. Logo-embellished Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce logo-centric accessories in the jewelry market by incorporating brand logos into the design of necklaces and other jewelry pieces.
1. Fine Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace collaborations with fashion brands and incorporate unique elements like logo detailing to create exclusive and desirable fine jewelry pieces.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with fine jewelers to expand product offerings and create a unique brand image by incorporating elements from the world of high-end jewelry.
3. Gender-neutral Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design unisex fashion pieces, including jewelry, to appeal to a wider customer base and challenge traditional gender norms in the fashion industry.