The longevity of working from home during a global pandemic is proving to be quite strenuous on consumer's physical and mental wellbeing, but a number of new Microsoft Teams features are attempting to address the latter problem.
For one, the platform is bringing back the daily commute—well, in a modified sense. This feature will help consumers facilitate better work- and home-life transitions by creating the boundaries that physical commutes once provided. On the Microsoft blog, scheduling a “commute” for the beginning of a workday is described as "setting aside time to prepare for work, whether it’s going for a walk or planning tasks with a cup of coffee." For the end-of-the-day, on the other hand, users can customize prompts to reflect emotionally, celebrate their daily accomplishments, and even meditate with Headspace. The wellness company is a partner in this project.
Image Credit: Microsoft
The New Microsoft Teams Feature Helps Consumers with Health and Productivity
1. Remote Work Wellness - The rise of remote work has created a need for innovative solutions that promote physical and mental wellbeing for individuals working from home.
2. Virtual Commute - The introduction of a virtual commute feature on platforms like Microsoft Teams provides a way for individuals to transition between work and home life, promoting better work-life balance and boundaries.
3. Collaborative Wellness Partnerships - Partnerships between technology companies like Microsoft and wellness companies like Headspace offer opportunities for collaboration in creating innovative solutions that support employee wellness in the remote work setting.
1. Technology - The technology industry can explore creating new features and platforms that support wellness and work-life balance for remote workers.
2. Health and Wellness - The health and wellness industry can collaborate with technology companies to develop digital tools and content that promote mental and emotional wellbeing for individuals working remotely.
3. Communication and Collaboration - The communication and collaboration industry can incorporate features like virtual commute into their platforms to enhance the remote work experience and support the overall wellbeing of employees.