Dominating the shore of the Seine River in Paris, the 'Tyrannosaurus Rex' by artist Phililppe Pasqu a is a metal dinosaur that terrifies pedestrians from its high perch. The life-sized dinosaur sculpture combines prehistoric and futuristic with its shiny aluminum finish. Glittering under the sun, the sculpture is four meters tall and stretches an amazing seven meters.
The giant silver beast is perched precariously on La Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches's platform. Charlotte Bruel-Matovic commissioned the sculpture in order to advance modern art by the Seine.
Pasqua completed the sculpture by putting together 350 sculpted bones. He based the extremely realistic dinosaur anatomy off a real specimen discovered in China. Other than the chrome coating, the sculpture is a fairly accurate representation of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
This Metal Dinosaur Mashes Prehistoric and Futuristic
1. Metal Sculptures - Creating large-scale metal sculptures that combine prehistoric and futuristic elements, creating a sense of awe and wonder.
2. Futuristic Art - Integrating modern materials and design into traditional art forms to create visually striking and thought-provoking works.
3. Public Art Installations - Using large-scale sculptures in public spaces to enhance the aesthetic and cultural appeal of a city.
1. Art and Sculpture - Exploring new materials and techniques to push the boundaries of traditional art and create captivating sculptures.
2. Tourism and Hospitality - Creating unique and eye-catching attractions that draw in tourists and enhance the overall experience of a city.
3. Urban Planning and Design - Incorporating public art installations into urban landscapes to create a more visually stimulating and engaging environment.