Facebook has added a feature that will allow parents to have more control over how their children use the platform, with added control over Messenger Kids chats. Parents will now have the ability to access a ‘Parent Dashboard’ on Messenger Kids chats, the dashboard allows them to see chat history as well as contacts. Parents will also be able to review any photos or videos that have been sending through the platform.
The Messenger Kids app was initially launched in 2017, and it was created to provide a safe space for children to use the messaging features of the platform. The Messenger Kids app has no advertising, and no ability to make purchases in the app. The features for the Messenger Kids app will be popular for parents who may be concerned about the ways their kid could be using social media.
Image Credit: Facebook
Facebook Created a Dashboard for the Messenger Kids Chat App
1. Parental-controlled Messaging Platforms - There is an opportunity to innovate more messaging platforms that offer parental control.
2. Child-friendly Social Networks - Developing more social networks that cater to children is an opportunity for innovation.
3. Secure Online Communications for Kids - Creating secure communication channels that parents can oversee is opportune for innovation.
1. Tech - In the tech industry, trends related to child online safety and secure communication should be explored.
2. Education - The education sector should consider innovating with child-friendly communication platforms that allow parental control.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry needs to be aware of messaging platforms that offer parental control and take advantage of their safety-focused advertising potential.