The ambivalence of the millennial generation is perfectly encapsulated by this 'Have a Meh Day' tank by MYVL.
Everyone and their mother has an opinion on the millennial; after all, they are largest generation of consumers out there since the baby boomers. There are tons of think pieces and op-eds trying to figure out what makes this generation tick. At best, the millennial is characterized as virtuous and passionate; at worst, they are considered flaky and apathetic.
So, who is the millennial, really? There's no right answer to this complex question, but contradiction seems to be lurking at every corner, which is exactly what makes the 'Have a Meh Day' tank top so perfect. Not good, not bad, simply indecisive, the straight-face emoticon becomes the mascot for the ever-evasive millennial.
This Tank Top Encourages Others to Have a Meh Day
1. Millennial Ambivalence - The ambivalence and contradiction of the millennial generation creates opportunities for brands to cater to their indecisiveness.
2. Generation Y Fashion - The 'Have a Meh Day' tank top represents a unique fashion trend among millennials, showcasing their nonchalant and apathetic attitude.
3. Contradictory Generational Perceptions - The conflicting stereotypes of the millennial generation present an opportunity for businesses to challenge and redefine societal perceptions.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can tap into the demand for ambivalent, nonchalant fashion trends and offer products that resonate with the millennial consumer.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can create campaigns that challenge traditional generational stereotypes and connect with millennials through their contradictions.
3. Market Research - Market research firms can study and understand the complex behavior and preferences of the millennial generation, providing valuable insights to brands seeking to target this demographic.