Robot fans will be intrigued by Mataerial, the 3-D art making robot. This artistic robotic tool was created by the people at the Advanced Institute for Architecture of Catalonia and the Joris Laarman Studio.
This incredible robot has nozzles that produce its art-making materials. This impressive artistic robot can create sculptures that stand straight up, or shoot out from a wall surface. Mataerial can create sculptures and change the color of the material it's using.
Mataerial is meant to be an interesting step up from 3-D printers, using thermosetting polymers instead of thermoplastics. Robots can already do so many interesting things and thanks to Mataerial, creating 3-D art can be added to that list. 3-D printer fans are sure to take an interest in this fascinating robotic creation.
Mataerial is a Large Robot with Nozzles That Produce 3-D Art
1. Artistic Sculpture-building Robots - Robotic sculpting using thermosetting polymers as a trend in art and design.
2. 3D Art Production Using Robots - Using robots for creating 3D art sculptures is an emerging trend in the art industry.
3. Advancement in Robotic Art Tools - Development of advanced robotic art-making tools such as Mataerial is an ongoing trend.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can leverage Mataerial and similar robotic tools for creating unique and complex artworks.
2. 3D Printing - The emergence of 3D sculpting robots can disrupt the 3D printing industry and provide an alternative method to creating 3D objects.
3. Robotics - The development of robots like Mataerial presents opportunities for innovation in the robotics industry to create more advanced and functional robots.