Well-known Danish architecture firm Henning Larsen Architects has shown the world its design for a mass-timber building. The project was commissioned by car manufacturer Volvo. Located in Gothenburg, Sweden, the circular, contemporary building will be utilized as a space for experience-centric activations and possibly a meeting site for the brand's potential and current clients. Various sub-brands of Volvo will be brought together, including Volvo Group and Volvo Cars. The mass-timber building includes a restaurant, spaces for exhibition, as well as conference and meeting rooms. This will create a stronger synergy between "the history, tradition, and future of the brand."
The mass-timber building is officially named 'World of Volvo.' Henning Larsen Architects embraced the notion of Scandinavian modernism—which is, nowadays, a quite popular contemporary movement.
Image Credit: Dezeen
Henning Larsen Architects Builds a Beautiful Building for Volvo
1. Circular Mass-timber Buildings - The trend of using mass-timber in circular buildings creates opportunities for sustainable and eco-friendly designs.
2. Experience-centric Activations - The trend of designing buildings for experience-centric activations provides opportunities for creating immersive brand experiences and engaging with customers in unique ways.
3. Scandinavian Modernism - The trend of incorporating Scandinavian modernism in contemporary designs provides opportunities for creating visually-striking and minimalist buildings.
1. Architecture - The architecture industry can adopt and refine the usage of mass-timber and circular design to create sustainable and visually-striking buildings.
2. Automotive - The automotive industry can take advantage of experience-centric activations and use buildings as a way to strengthen their brand image and engage with customers in new ways.
3. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can incorporate mass-timber and circular design to create eco-friendly and unique venues while embracing the trend of experience-centric activations to provide memorable experiences for guests.