H&M Magazine’s Winter 2009 issue features a lingerie fashion spread starring model Maryna Linchuk by Terry Richardson. Richardson is known for his racy and provocative shots so shooting an editorial that focuses on underwear is something that is right up his alley.
Linchuk looks stunning and shows that there is no better way to get over the winter blues than by investing in some lovely lingerie to cozy up by the fire in.
Implications - Sex appeal instantly makes a product attractive to modern consumers. Items that feature a sensual element appeal to shoppers who want to explore different sides of their sexuality. Companies attempting to increase their appeal on the market could develop more designs like this.
Lingerie-Clad Maryna Linchuk by Terry Richardson for H&M
1. Sensual Appeal - Products with a sensual element instantly attract modern consumers, providing opportunities for companies to create designs that explore different aspects of sexuality.
2. Lingerie Fashion - The popularity of lingerie fashion spreads, like the one featuring Maryna Linchuk in H&M Magazine, indicates a growing interest in stylish and attractive underwear, opening opportunities for companies to innovate and create new lingerie designs.
3. Winter Blues Solution - Investing in lovely lingerie to cozy up by the fire can be seen as a solution to overcome the winter blues, presenting opportunities for companies to market lingerie as a comforting and mood-enhancing product.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can leverage the trend of sensual appeal and lingerie fashion to develop innovative designs and attract consumers who are looking for stylish and attractive underwear.
2. Intimate Apparel - The growing interest in stylish and attractive lingerie, as seen in the lingerie fashion spread, provides opportunities for the intimate apparel industry to introduce disruptive designs and capture market share.
3. Wellness and Self-care - Positioning lingerie as a solution to overcome the winter blues and improve mood can create disruptive innovation opportunities within the wellness and self-care industry.