You could spend every day on the streets of New York and the black and white captures of Markus Hartel would still make you question whether you'd ever even been there. What's most surprising is that the German-born photog only moved to the Big Apple in 2003, but realized shortly after arriving that, for a street photographer, the city is as inspiration-infused as it gets. At every hour of the day and night, Hartel explores the "urban jungle" for days at a time before finding the perfect candid shot. Hartel's shots range in location, with a favorite clearly being the city's celebrated subway system, where a diverse array of people from tourists to locals come together.
"There are many different types of photography, but eventually documenting real life through street photography became my passion." And fortunately for viewers, this passion continues.
Implications - Street photography is a unique brand of unstaged art whose beauty is entirely dependent on a unique lens whose perspective on every day life is different than that of the every day citizen. Consumers look to this artform to experience places and people from an unfamiliar, eye-opening perspective.
Markus Hartel Shoots New York City with a Monochromatic Artful Eye
1. Monochromatic Street Photography - Photo enthusiasts and artists can explore the creative opportunities of black and white street photography.
2. Urban Jungle Exploration - The trend of exploring the diverse and ever-changing scenery of the city through photography can lead to new business opportunities, such as guided walking and photography tours.
3. Documenting Real Life - Capturing authentic moments through street photography can inspire businesses to incorporate genuine, unfiltered moments into their marketing strategies.
1. Photography - Incorporating black and white street photography into traditional and digital media can set businesses apart and evoke a unique emotional response from consumers.
2. Tourism - Urban exploration through photography tours can appeal to tourists looking for an authentic city experience and offer new revenue streams for tourism companies.
3. Advertising - Incorporating unfiltered, candid moments into advertising campaigns can make brands more relatable and establish a stronger emotional connection with consumers.