Luxury resorts are working hard to keep afloat, and keep staff employed as travelers cut back from five star to four star hotels. Rather than cut prices, the Acqualina Resort and Spa in Florida is offering a short-stay alternative to international travelers who need a layover in the Miami area before reaching their final luxury destination.
You can choose to pamper yourself in the luxury spa, or if you need an overnight stay, there are 188 Mediterranean-inspired houses or 97 luxury suites.
Luxury Hotspots Offer Travelers a One Night Stand
1. Short-stay Alternatives - Opportunity for luxury hotels to offer short-stay alternatives for travelers who need a layover or overnight stay.
2. Luxury Spa Experiences - Demand for pampering experiences at luxury resorts presents an opportunity for hotels to innovate their spa offerings.
3. Shift From Five Star to Four Star Hotels - As travelers cut back on luxury accommodations, there is an opportunity for four star hotels to attract this market segment with competitive pricing and amenities.
1. Hospitality - Luxury resorts and hotels can leverage the trend of short-stay alternatives and luxury spa experiences to attract travelers and stay competitive in a challenging market.
2. Travel - Within the travel industry, there is a disruption opportunity for businesses offering layover services or packages tailored for travelers who need a stopover before reaching their final luxury destination.
3. Spa and Wellness - The shift in demand for pampering experiences presents an opportunity for the spa and wellness industry to partner with luxury resorts and offer innovative spa services.