A Japanese man is petitioning the government to allow manga marriages between 2-D cartoon characters and 3-D humans. Perhaps more strangely, his online petition contains over 1,000 signatures.
Taichi Takashita is so closely attuned with the manga world that he'd prefer to live and become a 'resident' in the 2-D virtual world. And judging by the volume of signatures on his petition, he's not the only one who feels that way.
Implications - Taichi Takashita is quoted to have said, "I am no longer interested in three dimensions. I would even like to become a resident of the two-dimensional world." Though this may seem crazy to some, love comes in all sorts of forms, doesn't it? I'm just curious as to what their kids would look like.
Petition for Human-Anime Unions
1. Virtual Reality Relationships - The rise of 2-D virtual worlds presents opportunities for businesses to develop virtual reality dating and relationship platforms.
2. Digital Character Creation - As interest grows in manga and anime characters, there is potential for innovation in digital character creation tools and software.
3. Augmented Reality Interactions - Businesses could explore the potential for augmented reality technology to allow people to interact with 2-D cartoon characters in real life.
1. Online Dating - Online dating companies could apply virtual reality technology to create immersive and engaging dating experiences.
2. Animation and Gaming - The anime and gaming industries can tap into the growing interest in manga and anime characters to create innovative new products.
3. Augmented Reality - Companies specializing in augmented reality could explore new ways to bring 2-D cartoon characters into the real world and develop social experiences around them.