It seems like Helmut Lang, who is known for his incomparable minimalist clothing designs, is truly over his first love of fashion and is diving right into his second passion with the Make It Hard art installation. Although there is a remnant of his former successful and celebrated career in this exhibit.
Essentially, the Make It Hard art exhibit features floor to ceiling poles that have been constructed with shredded fabrics from his past lines. I can hear the collective gasp from fashion lovers and Lang fans from around the world. Although many of them are crying, "Say it ain't so," fans of Lang the artist will fall in love with his equally minimalist Make It Hard installation. You can't help but feel the cathartic energy radiating off of these poles.
Helmut Lang's Make It Hard Installation Destroys His First Love
1. Minimalist Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore ways to incorporate minimalist designs into other industries such as home decor or automotive.
2. Sustainable Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop eco-friendly art installations that repurpose materials and promote sustainability.
3. Emotional Catharsis - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create interactive art exhibits that evoke emotional release and provide a therapeutic experience.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Reimagine fashion design by incorporating unconventional materials and minimalist aesthetics.
2. Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster collaborations between fashion designers and artists to bring unique perspectives to art installations.
3. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate elements of art installations into interior design concepts, blurring the lines between art and functionality.