The Maison Martin Margiela Resort 2013 collection is full of pristine tailored looks inspired by vintage sources. Although the consumer-friendly series does not contain Margiela's usual futuristic wears, it is polished to perfection.
Although the lookbook is heavy on suits, the silhouettes are cutting-edge and tailored to highlight feminine shoulders and delicate necklines. The fish scale-like blazer is sure to be a hit with statement-setting stylistas -- I know I'd kill for one myself. The boxy folds and menswear-esque ensembles exude an effortless sophistication that is certainly enviable.
While many designers research age-old finds for inspiration, most leave out the fact the design was inspired by a former piece. Margiela on the other hand, does not keep secrets from its clients -- replica garments were some of the main contenders in the Martin Margiela Resort 2013 collection.
The Maison Martin Margiela Resort 2013 Collection is Openly Sourced
1. Openly Sourced Fashion - Fashion brands are embracing openly sourced inspiration, revealing the origins of their designs and creating transparency for consumers.
2. Tailored Silhouettes - Designers are focusing on cutting-edge and tailored silhouettes, highlighting feminine features and creating sophisticated looks.
3. Replica Garments - Replica garments are becoming a trend in the fashion industry, offering consumers the opportunity to own exact replicas of iconic and vintage designs.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from embracing openly sourced inspiration and incorporating tailored silhouettes into their designs to stand out in the market.
2. Retail - Retailers can tap into the trend of replica garments by collaborating with fashion brands to offer limited editions of iconic designs, attracting fashion-savvy consumers.
3. Luxury Goods - Luxury goods industries can explore the opportunity of creating high-quality replicas of vintage designs, providing a new avenue for collectors and fashion enthusiasts.