If you are lover of things natural and organic, Designer Singgih Kartono has a radio for you. The MAGNA wooden radio has all the modern gimmicks: including an input for your iPod or other portables. The wood grain is beautiful and handsome enough for any room in your abode. Priced right too at around $275 online.
Implications - Even though digital gadgets like the iPod are receiving widespread demand, many consumers still prefer retrofied products or products influenced by old school design. As such, designs that merge the two -- like this wooden radio -- will bode well among tech-savvy consumers who desire old school, as well as new school, items.
MAGNA Wooden Radio with iPod Jack
1. Natural-tech - Designs that merge natural materials with modern technology will appeal to consumers who desire old school, as well as new school, items.
2. Retrofied-design - Retrofied products or products influenced by old school design will continue to be in demand among consumers, even with increasing technology advancements.
3. Gimmick-products - Products that combine both modern technology and nostalgic designs will capture the attention of consumers who seek a balance between novelty and sentimentality.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronic companies that incorporate eco-friendly materials and retro designs into their products can create a new market segment with consumers who are seeking eco-materials and nostalgic designs.
2. Furniture and Home Decor - Furniture and home decor companies that incorporate retro designs will attract consumers who desire a unique aesthetic in their household items.
3. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion and accessory companies can develop products that combine modern functionality and materials with retro designs, appealing to consumers who want to express a vintage aesthetic in their clothing and accessories.