This luxury umbrella from Japan-based brand 'visvim' is the result of six months of craftsmanship and the careful sourcing of materials in Paris.
Founded by Hiroki Nakamura, visvim is know for its handcrafted and artisanal items that pay tribute to Americana. This particular item, the 'Atelier Umbrella,' is included in the brand's 2015 Autumn/Winter collection and comes with a price tag of $8,000 American dollars.
The exquisite rain accessory includes a number of high-end materials that can perhaps help explain the item's exuberant cost. The material underneath the canopy of this luxury umbrella was made from goat leather tanned with fish oil, and each of the individual ribs supporting the waterproof canopy are made from rattan cane tipped with brass. The handle and the main shaft are constructed from beechwood, and finally the cotton fabric is woven by craftsmen located in Okayama, Japan.
This Limited-Edition Umbrella from 'visvim' Costs $8,000 Dollars
1. Artisanal Luxury Items - Companies can explore the niche market of luxury goods with a focus on high-quality, handmade items.
2. Exotic Material Sourcing - Exploring new materials for luxury products can create a unique selling proposition, like the fish oil-tanned goat leather used for visvim's umbrella.
3. Seasonal Collections - Creating seasonal or limited edition collections can drive demand for luxury goods among collectors and enthusiasts.
1. Luxury Retail - Luxury retail industry can invest in unique handmade items and exotic materials to serve a niche wealthy market.
2. Craftsmanship - Craftsmanship industries can focus on the high-end artisanal market to create unique and high-quality products.
3. Fashion - Fashion industries can develop seasonal collections of luxury artisanal items to create aspirational products for enthusiasts and collectors.