Anton Toftgard stars in 'Love Me,' a nostalgic editorial that graces the pages of Esquire Espana. The image series is photographed by Fernando Uceda and depicts the model as a snake charmer. This chromatic editorial's wardrobe is handpicked by stylist Ildara Cuinas and consists of Gucci's latest menswear collection -- a range boasting jungle prints and a palette of earthy hues.
Drawing inspiration from wildlife, Esquire Espana's Love Me story pairs contemporary menswear pieces with reptilian portraits. The shoot's mix of fashion and wildlife imagery highlights the key inspiration behind Gucci's latest collection. While the luxury brand looks to the natural world for visual inspiration, it replaces traditional animal prints with abstracted and conceptual motifs.
Esquire Espana's 'Love Me' Story Draws Inspiration from Wildlife
1. Contemporary Wildlife Menswear - Gucci's latest collection's wildlife theme mixed with contemporary menswear presents an opportunity for designers to merge fashion with nature.
2. Abstract Wildlife Motifs - Replacing traditional animal prints in fashion with abstract wildlife motifs presents an opportunity for textile designers to create unique patterns.
3. Nostalgia in Menswear Editorials - Editorials that draw inspiration from nostalgic themes present an opportunity for fashion brands to engage with consumers on an emotional level.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from drawing inspiration from wildlife and nature to create unique collections that connect with consumers.
2. Textile Design - The textile industry can benefit from creating innovative and abstract wildlife motifs to replace traditional animal prints in fashion.
3. Editorial Photography - The editorial photography industry can benefit from incorporating nostalgic themes as a way to create emotional connections with viewers.