'Los Angeles Is' is an illustrated children's book that takes readers through the city's rich history and famous landmarks in a playful way. Exploring the city through colorful and simplistic artwork, the book highlights destinations like the Griffith Observatory and Hollowood Sign along with LA's diverse food truck scene, retro diners and abundance of vintage cars.
The book is a fun way to learn about Los Angeles and doubles as a souvenir for art and design fans. Los Angeles Is is written by Elisa Parhad and boasts illustrations by Alexander Vidal. The book aims to educate children about new places and what makes them unique and speaks to the recent rise of design-conscious children's books and zines that mimic those offered to adults.
'Los Angeles Is' Explores the City Through the Eyes of a Child
1. Design-conscious Children's Books - Opportunity to create more children's books with sophisticated design elements and educational content.
2. Playful City Exploration - Opportunity to develop interactive city guides and apps that engage children in experiential learning and exploration.
3. Art-driven Souvenirs - Opportunity to create artistic and educational souvenirs that appeal to both children and adults.
1. Children's Publishing - Opportunity for publishers to tap into the growing demand for design-conscious children's books.
2. Tourism and Travel - Opportunity to create innovative city guides and experiences that cater to both children and parents.
3. Art and Design Merchandise - Opportunity for artists and designers to create unique souvenirs that showcase local culture and history.