When it comes to sharing one's thoughts and opinions of books online, they more often than not take on the form of a review rather than a conversation; the Litsy App hopes to ridge the gap between books clubs and such review sites by creating a digital space for people with a shared love of reading to connect.
Created by the book-themed company, Out of Print, the Litsy App essentially aims to build a community. Co-founder Todd Lawton says, “What we wanted to do was take the best, the most fun aspects of other social media platforms and back it with an amazing book database.” Similar to Twitter, there is a character limit to comments, quotes and reviews. Yet people scroll through content tied to a specific book so as to truly immerse themselves in a type of discussion.
The Litsy App Aims to Build More Community Around the Love of Reading
1. Interactive Book Communities - The trend of creating digital spaces for book lovers to connect and have conversations about books
2. Bridging Social Media and Reading - The trend of combining the engaging aspects of social media platforms with book-related content and discussions
3. Immersive Book Discussions - The trend of using digital platforms to create immersive discussions centered around specific books
1. Social Media Platforms - The industry of online platforms that provide spaces for people to connect and engage with each other
2. Book and Literature Communities - The industry focused on creating digital communities for book lovers to discuss and share their reading experiences
3. Reading Apps and Platforms - The industry of creating digital apps and platforms that enhance the reading experience and facilitate book discussions