The new Li-Ning Fall/Winter 2018 collection made its debut at the TMall China Day during NYFWM -- an event that highlights the futuristic works of Chinese designers. This capsule takes a strong influence from Taoism, delivering pieces that explores the difference in time and the human influence on nature.
The Li-Ning Fall/Winter 2018 collection highlights streetwear as seen through and Asian design lens. There is a blend of Western and Eastern influence seen through its subtle details. The silhouettes take a Western influence, and are contrasted with the Chinese heritage details. The pieces from the collection boast a color palette that represents Chinese culture. There is a strong use of red, white, gold, black, and a touch of silver. Using a range of high-end fabrics, the series features pieces such as puffer jackets with plastic details, sweaters and t-shirt with Li-Ning's founder imprinted on it, as well as contemporary footwear.
Image Credit: Li-Ning
The Li-Ning Fall/Winter 2018 Series is Inspired by Chinese Designers
1. Taoism-inspired Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating fashion collections that draw inspiration from ancient philosophies such as Taoism.
2. East Meets West Design - Creating fashion pieces that blend Western and Eastern influences can lead to disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
3. Asian Streetwear - There is an opportunity to disrupt the streetwear market by incorporating Asian design elements into trendy and fashionable streetwear collections.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore disruptive innovation by fusing ancient philosophies and cultural influences into their collections.
2. Apparel and Accessories - Incorporating a blend of Western and Eastern design details in apparel and accessories has the potential to disrupt the market and attract new customers.
3. Footwear - The footwear industry can embrace disruptive innovation by creating contemporary shoes that combine cultural elements with modern design.