Although mixed media forms of art are nothing new anymore, there is something quite unique about Lin Mei's work that makes it hard to stop looking at. Forget about the vibrant colors and trippy scenes for now. Instead, focus on the cohesive nature of each of Lin Mei's collages. Far from being a mess of images superimposed on one another, these artworks can almost tell a clear albeit surreal story.
Currently based in Sydney, Australia, Lin Mei received her Masters in Animation and Interactive Media as well as her graduate diploma in Communication Design in Melbourne. Originally working as an exhibition designer and editor, Lin Mei made the switch to illustration, graphic design, drawing, web-based design, animation and photography in order to pursue her passion for visual arts.
Lin Mei Creates Mixed Media Pieces That are Out of This World
1. Surreal Collages - The popularity of Lin Mei's unique approach to mixed media art suggests an opportunity for other artists to experiment with surrealist themes in their own work.
2. Non-linear Narrative - The storytelling nature of Lin Mei's collages could inspire a trend of non-linear narrative forms in film and animation.
3. Cohesive Mixed Media - Lin Mei's ability to seamlessly blend different types of media in her art presents opportunities for further development and experimentation in mixed media.
1. Fine Arts - Lin Mei's work represents a potential avenue for fine artists to incorporate surrealism and storytelling techniques into their pieces.
2. Graphic Design - The cohesiveness and visual impact of Lin Mei's work could inspire graphic designers to explore mixed media and surrealism in their designs.
3. Animation and Film - Lin Mei's art could inspire future animators and filmmakers to experiment with non-linear narratives and surrealism in their work.