Biga is a type of pre-fermentation that has been used in Italian baking since the 19th century and BigA is now introducing this light pizza to NYC, stating that "pizza has reached its ultimate healthfulness." The flavorful, easy-to-digest pizza boasts a particularly unique crust that is remarkable crunchy on the outside and light and airy on the inside. At BigA, the light, healthy and crispy slices are topped off with seasonal ingredients. While the star ingredients of a pizza are typically the toppings, BigA sets itself apart by spotlighting the pizza bread base.
As biga was originally created as an alternative to sourdough, it is emerging as a satisfying option for pizza lovers who are looking for a product that's minimally refined and nutrient-dense.
BigA Creates Easy-to-Digest Pizza with an Age-Old Fermentation Process
1. Biga Pizza Trend - The use of Biga pre-fermentation in pizza-making to create light, easy-to-digest and flavorful slices is gaining traction.
2. Alternative Pizza Crust Trend - Pizza makers are experimenting with unconventional crust options to stand out and tap into the growing demand for healthier options.
3. Bread Base Showcase Trend - More pizza makers are focusing on highlighting the crust as the star of their product instead of just a vessel for toppings.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Pizza makers and bakeries can explore new ways of using pre-fermentation like Biga to create unique and healthier pizzas.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - Companies can leverage growing consumer demand for nutrient-dense and minimally-processed food to offer healthier pizza alternatives.
3. Restaurant Industry - Restaurants can offer unique, health-conscious dishes like BigA's ultra-crunchy light pizzas to stand out and attract health-conscious consumers.