Chinese artist Lin Tianmiao has made a career transforming silk, threads and textiles into beautiful yet strange works of art. For her most recent work, ‘Focus on Paper,’ Lin Tianmiao makes these monochromatic portraits of androgynous faces that are covered in a veil of acne.
The portraits are veiled with strands of thread sewn right into the canvas, which makes it appear as if the faces have had bad breakouts. As the typical veils are produce to provide some sort of alluring mask for the face, I like that Lin Tianmiao took a different approach to the disguise--not that you'll see me using a pimple-ridden veil for my own wedding though!
Lin Tianmiao's Artwork has Acne
1. Threaded Artwork - Artists can incorporate sewing techniques in their work to create unique textile pieces.
2. Unconventional Disguises - There is an opportunity for costume and fashion designers to explore non-traditional materials for veils, masks, and other types of coverings.
3. Monochromatic Portraiture - Artists and photographers can experiment with a limited color palette in their portraits to create a specific mood or atmosphere.
1. Textile Art - Artists working in this industry can incorporate new materials such as thread to create unique and dynamic art pieces.
2. Wedding Industry - There is an opportunity for unconventional wedding designers to experiment with veils and masks that incorporate different textures and patterns, such as pimple-like bumps.
3. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can experiment with unusual textures and patterns in their work, such as incorporating thread to create intricate and unique pieces.