With World Pride 2014 coming up next month, this photography project of LGBT Americans is particularly timely. Self Evident Truths is a campaign by iO Tillet Wright that hopes to capture the picturess of 10,000 LGBT Americans. Eventually the photos will ideally be printed on the lawn of the National Mall for a Spring 2016 installation prior to the next presidential election.
The featured portraits capture anyone who identifies as anything but ‘100% straight.’ The project’s creator and her team hope to ‘humanize a vast community’ by showcasing the diversity among LGBT Americans from all 50 states. By spreading an inclusive message of ‘we are you,’ the initiative aims to raise awareness and eliminate prejudices about the spectrum of human sexuality.
This year’s World Pride celebration takes place from June 20-29th in Toronto, Canada.
An Inclusive Awareness Raising Campaign Photographs LGBT Americans
1. Inclusive Photography Campaigns - Opportunities for businesses to create similar campaigns, promoting diversity and inclusion.
2. LGBT Representation - Opportunities to increase representation and visibility of LGBTQ community in media and advertising.
3. Humanizing Diversity - Opportunities to showcase the diversity within marginalized communities and promote inclusivity.
1. Photography - Businesses can provide photography services that aim to showcase diversity and inclusivity within marginalized communities.
2. Media and Entertainment - Opportunities to increase representation and visibility of LGBTQ community in media and entertainment.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunities for businesses to create inclusive ad campaigns and marketing strategies that promote diversity and representation.