LG Electronics just unveiled a commercial version of its 'LG Styler' at CES 2016. The newly upgraded model is largely intended to give hotels and resorts a simple way of refreshing clothes without using water or detergent.
Similar to the original LG Styler, the new commercial model functions as a clothing management system that refreshes garments without actually washing them. The wardrobe uses LG's TrueSteam technology to sanitize and refresh clothes without the use of detergent or other harsh chemicals. The commercial version of the wardrobe also comes with additional features such as a larger storage capacity, WiFi-connectivity for remote operation and a Pants Crease Care application that steams and presses trousers.
The commercial-grade LG Styler is ideal for the hospitality industry because it gives hotel and resort staff a convenient way to freshen a guest's clothing on-demand.
The 'LG Styler' Received a Commercial Upgrade at CES 2016
1. Clothing Management Systems - The commercial-grade LG Styler showcases the trend of clothing management systems that refresh garments without traditional washing methods.
2. Waterless Cleaning Technologies - The use of LG's TrueSteam technology in the commercial LG Styler highlights the trend of waterless cleaning technologies for clothes.
3. Smart Garment Refreshment - The WiFi-connectivity and remote operation capabilities of the commercial LG Styler demonstrate the trend of smart garment refreshment solutions.
1. Hospitality Industry - The commercial LG Styler presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the hospitality industry by providing hotels and resorts with a convenient way to refresh guest's clothing on-demand.
2. Appliance Manufacturing - The commercial-grade LG Styler showcases opportunities for disruptive innovation in the appliance manufacturing industry by introducing advanced clothing management systems.
3. Cleaning Technology - The waterless cleaning technologies showcased in the commercial LG Styler open up disruptive innovation opportunities in the cleaning technology industry, offering alternatives to traditional washing methods.