Lenovo has unveiled the new gorgeous Ideapad U8 at Intel's IDF in Shanghai.
The sexy MID (Mobile Internet Device) utilizes Intel's newest Atom processor and features a 4.8-inch touchscreen display and an optical mouse for one-handed operation while surfing the web over EDGE or 3G data.
"The device also features â€œLive GPS,â€ hand writing recognition, and support for MS Office applications. We're guessing it'll also make a phone call or two with that 12-key numeric pad. And with Intel calling this a MID, don't expect to see a Microsoft OS riding that Atom, this pup's looking Linux to the bone."
Implications - Though consumers are more technologically savvy than ever, there is still room for innovation in this area.
Lenovo Ideapad U8
1. Mobile Internet Devices - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the development of advanced mobile internet devices.
2. Touchscreen Technology - Disruptive innovation potential in the enhancement and advancement of touchscreen technology for improved user experience.
3. Linux OS Adoption - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the adoption and adaptation of Linux operating system for mobile devices.
1. Consumer Electronics - Potential for disruptive innovation in the consumer electronics industry to create cutting-edge mobile internet devices.
2. Mobile Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the mobile technology industry to develop and improve touchscreen technology.
3. Software Development - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the software development sector to adapt and optimize Linux operating system for mobile devices.