The Flyte Levitating Light design features a creative LED bulb that has the ability to float in midair thanks to magnetic pulls that allow the bulb to levitate. The contemporary light offers a modern day take on the incandesent bulb created by Thomas Edison that prides the bulb's design as the main aesthetic focal point, rather than the lamp or shade.
As hovering become a growing focal point in tech and transportation, the Flyte Levitating Light is an example of this in the design world. The incandescent bulb is made of glass showcasing the wire mechanism inside the light. The light is fitted with a magnetic base that works in conjunction with a plank that sits on a surface and creates a magnetic pull that allows the bulb to float.
The Flyte bulb is available exclusively through the Museum of Modern Art Store in New York City.
The Flyte LED Bulb Design Creatively Floats in Midair
1. Levitating Technology - Opportunity for disruptive innovation lies in developing new products and applications that incorporate levitating technology.
2. Minimalist Lighting Design - There is potential for disruptive innovation in creating lighting designs that prioritize the bulb itself as the main aesthetic focal point.
3. Magnetic Interaction - Innovative solutions can be explored by incorporating magnetic interactions in various industries, such as transportation and product design.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore how to integrate levitating technology to revolutionize traditional lighting fixtures.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunities can arise in the home decor industry by incorporating minimalist lighting designs that prioritize the aesthetic appeal of the bulb.
3. Museum Retail - Retailers operating in museum settings have the opportunity to showcase and sell unique products like levitating lightbulbs, creating a differentiated shopping experience.