It’s difficult to believe that these magical, outer-worldly masks were born in the remote, rural basement of Tom Banwell's California home.
Artist Tom Banwell has found his muse in the medium of leather, and his passion translates into beautiful creations. Each of his masks has a different theme, and is carved from leather that is slowly vegetable-tanned. Since leather is such a pliable material, Banwell is able to custom-fit the masks to his customers’ faces before it sets, ensuring a perfect fit. He has abandoned the feathers and plastic of traditional masquerade masks, modernizing them completely and increasing the quality of the product.
Tom Banwell's mystical masks are being embraced everywhere by customers, especially since he has made them very affordable. These masks are very unique for their design and construction, and are sure to be popular for upcoming holidays and events.
Tom Banwell Makes More Masks to Modernize Masquerades
1. Customized Leather Masks - The trend of using pliable leather to create custom-fit masks offers an opportunity for designers to modernize masquerade fashion.
2. Modernized Masquerade Fashion - The trend of moving away from traditional materials like feathers and plastic in favor of leather creates an opportunity for designers to elevate the quality and uniqueness of masquerade masks.
3. Affordable Mystical Masks - The trend of creating affordable mystical masks presents an opportunity for businesses to tap into the growing demand for unique masks for holidays and events.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the trend of customized leather masks to offer modern and unique masquerade fashion accessories.
2. Crafts - The crafts industry can embrace the trend of modernizing masquerade fashion by utilizing pliable leather to create custom-fit masks.
3. Event Planning - The event planning industry can take advantage of the trend of affordable mystical masks by offering unique mask options for holiday parties and events.