The edgy 'Leather Man' editorial by Mark Kean stars Next model management's new face Billy. The model sports a platinum blonde buzz cut by Ben Jones and a leather-enriched wardrobe that takes cues from the wild west. Structured silhouettes and tailored separates are paired with quirky fringed vests, leather cuffs and casual kicks.
Billy rocks all-leather ensembles along with plaids, cottons and knits from designer labels including pieces from Burberry Brit, Polo Ralph Lauren, DSQUARED, Levi's, Adidas, Kenzo and Harley Davidson. This leather-clad pictorial fuses urban street-wear, luxury menswear and vintage biker classics, blending them into an edgy editorial wardrobe.
Bold silhouettes and dynamic shapes make for a memorable photo series that is fashion forward with a vintage inspiration. Sporty and relaxed pieces are paired with heavier textiles that have more structure, juxtaposing unlikely pieces and making them work with one another.
Image Credit: Mark Kean
The 'Leather Man' Editorial by Mark Kean is Western-Inspired
1. Edgy Menswear - Opportunity for brands to create bold and unconventional menswear collections that push boundaries and challenge traditional fashion norms.
2. Western-inspired Fashion - Potential for designers to incorporate elements of the wild west into their fashion lines, combining rustic aesthetics with contemporary styles.
3. Blend of Streetwear and Luxury - Disruptive potential for brands to merge urban street-wear and high-end luxury fashion, creating unique and innovative menswear collections.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage the trend of edgy menswear and western-inspired fashion to create innovative and marketable collections.
2. Textiles - Opportunity for textile manufacturers to develop fabrics that combine rugged aesthetics with modern technology, catering to the demand for western-inspired fashion.
3. Retail - Innovative retail concepts can capitalize on the blend of streetwear and luxury fashion by offering curated selections of edgy menswear with a western twist.