adidas Originals works with Craig Green for the first time ever to unveil two new sneaker designs -- the CG Kontuur 1 and the CG Kontuur 2. Across both of the sneaker models, the designer tries to replicate the design's sole within the uppers of the sneaker, which features deep grooves blended into it.
This can be seen on the Kontuur 2 sneaker and it references the brand's Ozweego tooling. This is also paired together with perforated detailing on the toe box, replicating the look as if it had been punctured by the Kamanda sole unit. Both of the sneaker designs are detailed with co-branding details that nod to both contributing efforts and can be seen on the tongue and the heel, as each one comes with two colorway options.
Image Credit: adidas
Craig Green and adidas Join to Design the CG Kontuur 1 & 2
1. Collaborative Sneaker Designs - More brands and designers could collaborate to bring unique and innovative designs to the sneaker industry.
2. Innovative Sneaker Detailing - Sneaker companies could focus on incorporating unique and intricate detailing to stand out in a crowded market.
3. Sole-inspired Sneaker Uppers - Designers could draw inspiration from the soles of sneakers and incorporate their grooves and patterns into the upper designs.
1. Fashion & Apparel - Collaborations between fashion designers and sportswear brands could lead to innovative and fashionable sneaker designs that appeal to new demographics.
2. Footwear - Sneaker companies could focus on creating unique and inventive designs to stand out in a competitive industry.
3. Sports & Athletics - Sneaker companies could team up with athletes and coaches to create bespoke footwear that caters to specific needs and improves performance.