'Kidults' is a captivating photography series by Marcin Cecko that introduces a creepy fusion of kids and adults.
These kidults seem to be kids that have grown into adults in the head but have maintained the body and height of a kid, which makes for an amusing concept.
The Kidlets images were done for Machina Magazine.
Hailing from Poland, Marcin Cecko's resume includes big names such as Renault, MasterCard, Nescafe, Vanity Fair, MTV Polska, and Coca-Cola.
Implications - Childhood is a time in many peoples' lives in which they cherish their memories the most. As such, any and all products that mimic this time in our lives, or the process of growing up, will always remain nostalgic. Nostalgia in itself creates a longing that consumers will go to great lengths to recreate.
‘Kidults' by Marcin Cecko
1. Nostalgic Products - There is an opportunity for companies to create products that mimic childhood experiences and memories to appeal to consumers' longing for nostalgia.
2. Visual Transformations - There is a trend of transforming visual appearances to create bizarre and entertaining concepts such as 'Kidults', which could be applied to various forms of media and advertising.
3. Surrealist Art - The trend of surrealism is on the rise and companies could explore ways to incorporate this into their branding and marketing to create visually-appealing and thought-provoking content.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can create nostalgia-driven products that appeal to consumers who long for the memories of their childhood.
2. Advertising Industry - The advertising industry could embrace the trend of visual transformations in order to create memorable and effective marketing campaigns.
3. Art Industry - Incorporating surrealism into art could be an opportunity in the art industry for artists to stand out and create unique pieces that generate discussion.