Animal prints have always been in vogue, but these days we're seeing an even more interest in themâ€”particularly leopard prints.
German supermodel Heidi Klum was recently captured by the talented Kenneth Cappello for the January 2009 issue of GQ Italia. Klum sported one and two-piece leopard print lingerie.
Implications - An important lesson for any business to keep in mind is that even old or familiar trends (in fashion or otherwise) can regain their appeal over a cyclical period of time. It's important to always be ready to jump on them the second (or even, if you're really on the ball, before) it looks like they are regaining momentum. Being their before, rather than after, is of the utmost importance and that is only a possibility if you are constantly monitoring your target market.
Kenneth Cappello Captures Animalistic Heidi Klum in GQ Italia
1. Leopard Print Fashion - The resurgence of the leopard print in fashion creates opportunities for businesses to innovate their designs and marketing strategies.
2. Retro Fashion - The cyclical nature of fashion trends highlights an opportunity for businesses to revisit popular styles from the past and bring them to the forefront of the industry.
3. Animal Print Lifestyle Products - The increased interest in animal prints provides a chance for businesses to expand their product lines beyond just fashion and incorporate prints into lifestyle products such as home decor and accessories.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the trend by featuring leopard print options as a staple in their collections and promoting them through targeted marketing campaigns.
2. Home Decor - Home decor businesses can incorporate animal print designs into their products such as bedding, rugs and curtains, to cater to the rising demand for leopard print items.
3. Accessories - Accessory companies have the opportunity to create a range of products such as bags, scarves and shoes with a leopard print design, appealing to the growing demand for animal print fashion items.