Last week, female rapper Nicki Minaj was made into a Barbie doll with proceeds going toward charity, and now the Katy Perry Barbie doll has been released and is an amazing replica of the singer.
Katy Perry has built a career off of the idea of appearing as animated and doll-like as possible, and now it seems her methods are paying off. The Katy Perry Barbie doll is being auctioned online by Charity Buzz, who released a statement describing the doll, saying it comes equipped with "70 hand-painted, mini cupcakes, a candy-colored glitter-kissed bodice and fishnet stockings dotted with shimmering Swarovski crystals," all of which are inspired by Perry's 'California Girls' look.
Ms. Perry tweeted about the Katy Perry Barbie doll, saying, "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world! Bid now and benefit @ProjAngelFood." The doll is currently being auctioned for $3,200, with proceeds going toward Project Angel Food, which provides food to men, women and children with AIDS and HIV, cancer, or any other life-threatening diseases.
The Katy Perry Barbie Doll is a Spitting Image of the Singer
1. Celebrity-inspired Dolls - Creating dolls inspired by popular musicians and celebrities can be a lucrative and unique way for toy companies to engage fans and raise money for charity.
2. Charity Auctions - Hosting charity auctions for limited edition products can generate hype and funds for a good cause while building a brand's reputation for social responsibility.
3. Fashion-inspired Toys - Designing toys that are inspired by the latest fashion trends can attract a wider demographic and offer something new and exciting for collectors.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can capitalize on the trend of celebrity-inspired dolls and limited edition products to attract collectors and raise money for charity.
2. Charitable Organizations - Charitable organizations like Project Angel Food can partner with companies to create unique fundraising opportunities like celebrity-inspired dolls and limited edition products.
3. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can collaborate with toy manufacturers to create fashion-inspired toys and collectibles that appeal to a wider demographic while promoting their brand.