When it comes to fashion, staying ahead of the curve is often paramount to success; these looks from the Katty Xiomara Winter 2013 collection are proof and point of that. Hipster fashion is no longer exclusive to insular, urban subcultures. Recently, the style has been creeping its way into high fashion photoshoots and lookbooks. From boldly contrasting colors to legwarmers, Katty Xiomara captures the look well.
Makeup artist Marcello Nigro cleverly applied painted-on eyeglasses on model Lien (Best Models Agency) in a subtle nod to the often-mocked hipster eyeglasses without lenses—Lien’s glasses don’t even have frames. Beyond this, the makeup was top notch. It accents each outfit rather than competes with them for attention. As far as hair goes, Vasco Freitas did a wonderful job creating prim, smart looks.
These Katty Xiomara Winter 2013 Lookbook Features Makeup-Glasses
1. Hipster Fashion in High Fashion - Opportunity for high fashion brands to incorporate hipster fashion styles and aesthetics into their collections and lookbooks.
2. Subtle Nods to Hipster Culture - Potential for makeup artists to creatively incorporate elements of hipster culture, such as painted-on eyeglasses, into their designs.
3. Accentuated Hairstyles - Opportunity for hairstylists to create prim and smart hairstyles that complement the overall fashion look.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can embrace hipster fashion elements to cater to a broader audience and tap into new markets.
2. Makeup - Makeup artists can explore unique ways to incorporate subtle nods to hipster culture in their designs, adding a trendy and avant-garde touch.
3. Hairstyling - Hair stylists can showcase their creativity by creating hairstyles that enhance and accentuate high fashion looks.